We are a group of alumni, students, employees, and community members interested in promoting amateur radio on the Georgia College campus and in the greater Milledgeville area.
Our purpose is to:
- Provide a forum for students to share amateur radio and its value to the general public as a non-commercial voluntary communication service, particularly with respect to providing emergency communications.
- Provide members with support for their educational, technical, experimental, and other electronic and radio-related activities.
- Provide members with the resources to successfully obtain a valid Amateur Radio license.
- Educate members and interested parties regarding the uses and responsibilities of Amateur Radio.
- Continue and extend the amateur’s proven ability to advance the radio art and enhance international goodwill.
- Provide members with the opportunity to use the institution’s amateur radio station equipment for the purpose of classroom instruction and communication with other amateur radio stations.
Membership is FREE and open to any student, employee, alumni, or community member who is interested Amateur Radio. And don’t forget out the scholarships and other opportunities available for students!
Contact email@example.com to join today!