The Milledgeville Amateur Radio Club has members from Baldwin, Bibb, Jones, Putnam, Washington, and Wilkinson counties and beyond. Formed in 1961, it provides licensing, operating, and technical resources to ham radio operators and other interested parties in the surrounding area.
The club call, W4PCF, was the callsign of Ben Jordan of Milledgeville who was once an advocate of amateur radio, teacher, and Elmer to many young amateurs. Ben became a silent key in 1986. The callsign is often used by the Club during Field Day in memorial to him. The callsign was first used by the Milledgeville Amateur Radio Club on Field Day in 1961.
- Facilitate the exchange of technical information and radio knowledge between members
- Encourage and assist persons interested in becoming amateur radio operators
- Render emergency communications assistance to our community in times of emergency and natural disaster
- Promote fraternalism and enhance operating efficiency of our members
- Conduct club programs and activities to advance the general interest of “Amateur Radio” as a hobby.