We are a group of alumni, students, employees, and community members interested in promoting amateur radio on the Georgia College campus and in the greater Milledgeville area.
Our purpose is to:
- Provide a forum for students to share amateur radio and its value to the general public as a non-commercial voluntary communication service, particularly with respect to providing emergency communications.
- Provide members with support for their educational, technical, experimental, and other electronic and radio-related activities.
- Provide members with the resources to successfully obtain a valid Amateur Radio license.
- Educate members and interested parties regarding the uses and responsibilities of Amateur Radio.
- Continue and extend the amateur’s proven ability to advance the radio art and enhance international goodwill.
- Provide members with the opportunity to use the institution’s amateur radio station equipment for the purpose of classroom instruction and communication with other amateur radio stations.