SECTION 1: SECRETARY-TREASURER
It shall be the duty of the Secretary-Treasurer to have a copy of the club Constitution and By-Laws at each meeting. The Secretary-Treasurer shall maintain all Constitution and By-Law amendments, changes and additions and have copies available at the club meetings for review by members.
SECTION 2: MEMBERSHIP
Any licensed amateur radio operator, regardless of age, shall be eligible to apply for membership in the Milledgeville Amateur Radio Club (MARC). Individuals not licensed but interested in the hobby of “Amateur Radio” may apply for membership in the Milledgeville Amateur Radio Club (MARC). All applications will be reviewed and voted on by the members present at the club meeting the application is submitted or at the next regular meeting if the application is submitted between meetings.
The applicant for membership must express a willingness to abide by the MARC Constitution and By-Laws.
Members may be removed from the rolls for conduct unbecoming a radio amateur by a petition containing the signatures of two-thirds (2/3) of the club membership. The petition shall be presented at the next regular or called meeting and voted on by members in good standing prior to the meeting the vote is conducted. If a club member is removed, he/she will not be eligible to reapply for club membership for one year following removal from the club rolls.
SECTION 3: MEETINGS
Club meetings shall be held on the third Saturday of the month at 10:00 AM, at a location directed by the President. For urgent matters that may arise between meetings, the President shall be authorized to call a special meeting. A minimum of one week’s written notice prior to the meeting date shall be given to the Secretary-Treasurer with the reason for the called meeting clearly stated.
In the absence of both the president and the vice president, the membership present shall elect for themselves a president pro-tempore to preside over the meeting. This appointment shall expire upon the adjournment of the meeting.
SECTION 4: DUES
- Dues must be paid by the January meeting in order to retain membership and be eligible to vote on club business. Any applications for new membership at the January meeting will be voted on prior to the election of officers so that new members will have the opportunity to participate in the election.
- If a club member from the previous year has not paid dues by April 1st, the individual must reapply for club membership.
- Membership Types
- Individual Membership available to persons meeting the qualifications of Section 2 of these bylaws. Dues for these members shall be twenty dollars ($20.00) per year.
- Family Membership shall be available to individuals who live in the same dwelling as an individual member. Dues for these members are five dollars ($5.00) per year.
- Youth Membership shall be available to individuals who are aged eighteen (18) years or younger. Dues for these members are ten dollars ($10.00) per year.
- Student Membership shall be available to degree seeking students enrolled at least half-time (as based on the institution’s requirements) at an institution of higher learning accredited by a regional accreditation agency recognized by the US Department of Education. Dues for these members are ten dollars ($10.00) per year.
SECTION 5: COMMITTEES
The President shall, except as otherwise listed, appoint a chairman as well as members of the following standing committees and other committees as required. The term of each committee shall run concurrent with the office of the President.
- Emergency Communications.
- Shall ensure club is updated on upcoming emergency communications events and training, recruit for membership in local ARES organizations, assist with planning, training, and operative for emergency and public service events.
- The Baldwin County Emergency Coordinator shall be the chairman of this committee.
- Licensing and Training
- Shall plan and conduct classes for persons interested in obtaining an amateur radio license, coordinate such classes with the volunteer examiner team, act as liaison between the VE team and the club, report the number of persons successfully completing exams each month, assist the Vice President in scheduling educational presentations for club meetings, provide the webmaster with curated content for the educational section of the club webpage and social media accounts.
- The Vice President of the Milledgeville Amateur Radio Club shall be the chair of this committee.
- All volunteer examiners who are affiliated with the club shall be members of this committee.
- All registered license instructors who are affiliated with the club shall be members of this committee.
- Public Relations
- Shall promote the club within the community, recruit membership from the surrounding area, maintain club webpages and social media, maintain a calendar of events to promote amateur radio.
- The committee chairman shall be appointed by the president.
- All section appointed Public Information Officers who are affiliated with the club shall be a member of this committee
- The Webmaster, appointed by the President, shall be a member of this committee.
- Shall plan and direct the operation of the club repeaters, maintain, repair, and make adjustments to the repeaters as required, and maintain the repeaters coordination documentation.
- The Callsign Trustee, elected by the club, shall be the chair of this committee.
- Special Events
- Shall plan and conduct operations for ARRL Field Day, the Deep Roots Special Event Station, Winter Field Day, as well as any other events as the club may elect to participate and assist the public relations committee with recruitment and outreach event and tabling.
- The committee chairman shall be appointed by the president.
These bylaws supersede all previous ones and are adopted and ratified as the Bylaws of the Milledgeville Amateur Radio Club (MARC) of Milledgeville, Georgia this 17th day of 2012.
|March 17, 2012||Version 1 adopted.|
|August 19, 2017||RESOLUTION 2017-01 to amend Section 3 of the Bylaws of the Milledgeville Amateur Radio Club to remove outdated provisions related to meeting location is adopted.|
|August 19, 2017||RESOLUTION 2017-02 to amend Section 4 of the Bylaws of the Milledgeville Amateur Radio Club to clarify membership categories and to allow for a student member classification is adopted|
|April 20, 2019||RESOLUTION 2019-01 to amend Section 3 of the Bylaws to allow for the election of a meeting chair in the absence of the President and Vice President.|
|April 20, 2019||RESOLUTION 2019-02 to amend Section 5 of the Bylaws to update committee titles and responsibilities.|